Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blog Nostalgia: brought to you by Spring Break!

So what does any normal person do over Spring Break?
Volunteer early in the morning three days out of the week to catch up on hours? Check
Plan spending 90% of the day doing homework? Check
Messing around on the computer instead of actually studying? Check

See at the Y, we never got Spring Break (I capitalize it because it is just that important). I always would say that I liked it better that way because we got out earlier than other schools, I wouldn't get lazy during the semester, blah, blah, blah..... I'm pretty sure I was just making excuses because I was subconsciously jealous. Because here is the deal: SPRING BREAK IS AWESOME!!

Sure, I haven't actually spent a lot of time doing relaxing things, gone on vacation, eat a plethora of candy and Chex Mix sitting around a pool like I had always dreamed Spring Break would be. But the fact is, I am still not in school, and that is fantastic!






I have spent a lot of time catching up on my lost love Harry Potter. I began listening to the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book on tape on my iPod a couple weeks ago, and finished it up this week, as well as watched 2 of the past movies. The trailer for that movie has also come out the past weekend (see here), so I'm pretty hyped up on Harry Potter. The fly in the magical ointment is that I think I've convinced myself that this movie that I am so anxiously awaiting for is coming out in a week or two. But sorry folks, it comes out in NOVEMBER!!! I don't think I've ever elaborated on my deep love for the wizarding boy and the magical world from which he sprang (I probably won't), but I'll just say that the last book I sat down and read in one sitting (11-12 hours) and may or may not have gotten weepy when I finished at 3 am.

I can hear you all saying: "Susan, why did you title the post nostalgia?" Well, this is because I spent yesterday, instead of typing up notes, reading all my old blog posts, not a long chore I assure you. I pretty much started blogging semi-semi-frequently right after I finished my undergrad, so it was fun to catch up on what I did last year. To sum it up for you all......not much happened. I did wish that I had written more of the funny little things I know happened, but never mentioned, so I made a April's Resolution (that's a real thing...) to blog more. If not for your vast readership, at least so I can have it written down somewhere. I have about 10 journals floating about my room and my computer desktop, so I'm hoping this might consolidate everything.

Right, so since I am technically on Spring Break (school has not yet started) I actually have to try and finish up what I couldn't this last week. So, dasvidaniya!

No comments: